Effective Date: May 18, 2018
The following policy applies to anyone who is not a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you a resident of the EEA, click here.
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, search for a retailer or dealer, create an online account with us, register a product with us, provide information to one of our sales coordinators, speak with one of our representatives by phone, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, including your name, address, email address, telephone, or mobile number;
- Employer-related information, such as your title and the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- Credit or debit card number or other financial information;
- CGI account number;
- Geolocation of any computer, mobile device, or other electronic device used to access a Site, App or product;
- Information regarding the products or equipment purchased;
- Information regarding your usage of, and performance of, our products, equipment and Apps; and
- Charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions.
We may obtain personal or other information about you from third parties or other sources, and combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information, including geolocation information, collected through one of our mobile applications;
- Information obtained through communications that you make through a third party, such as through our network of independent retailers and/or dealers;
- Information obtained through transactions you complete with us or our retailers, including charges you incur;
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies; and
- Any other information obtained through companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates, and business partners.
We may also obtain information about you from other online sources, including when you connect with CGI through its official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the “apps” on those pages. This information may include, but is not limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services.
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of a Site or App, including the date and time you visit the Site or App, the areas or pages of the Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site or App, the number of times you return to the Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App, and other sites that you may visit.
We may also use third party cookies and other technologies to support our Services, provide services on our behalf, facilitate business transactions on our behalf, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Sites or Apps, which may send some of the above-referenced information to those third parties.
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so you may not be able to use certain features on the applicable Site or App, or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Certain parts of our Sites and/or Apps may also include advertisements from third parties. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party ad-servers and CGI served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s opt-out tool, the About Ads opt-out tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Sites, Apps and other Services, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
CGI may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, and track your products or services (including to process payment card transactions, or to contact you about your products or services);
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to a Site or App, and make the account usage and purchasing process faster and smoother;
- To communicate with you about your account;
- For the purposes of contests or other promotions;
- When we receive your permission, we also share user information with our co-sponsors, business partners and service providers to offer products or services which we believe may be valuable or useful to our visitors;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Sites, Apps and other Services, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To recognize your online activities over time and across different websites and devices;
- To provide you with customized Site or App content, targeted offers, and advertising on Sites, Apps (including geo-targeted advertising), or via email, telephone, text message, or by mail;
- We may also engage one or more third-party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect anonymous information about your visits to Sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our products and Services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from CGI or on behalf of our business partners, licensees, and affiliates;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services or our business;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Sites, Apps, and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Additionally, if you use any of the Sites or Apps to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
CGI may disclose the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliated companies, retailers and dealers, including subsidiaries of such companies;
- With our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us;
- With our agents, licensees, and other companies that assist us in providing a product or service to you, including, but not limited to, making your purchase and installation; providing you with customer assistance; processing and/or confirming your transactions; providing you with the services you requested; assessing creditworthiness; billing and collecting any amounts owed in connection with your account or products or services purchased; or recovering any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- With our select licensees, affiliates, retailers and business partners that we believe may have offers of interest to you, including for their own marketing purposes;
- We may also engage one or more third-party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf.
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
CGI may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Department
300 Windsor Drive,
Oak Brook, IL 60523
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from CGI and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
Any information you may disclose on our Sites or Apps, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on a Site, App, or other third-party website that the Site or App may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting at our sole discretion.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct our Sites or Apps to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to a Site or App, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from the files of such Site or App.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site and App visitors. While we make every reasonable effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to purchase, processing, registration or ongoing services. To “opt out” of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from CGI, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message. Please allow 10 business days for your request to take effect.
To access, review, or update your information stored by CGI, you may visit the Account Profile page on the Sites or the Apps, where you can view, update, or change your personal information and update your member profile, password, and associated information.
If you have any additional questions concerning access to or updating your personal information, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Attn: Data Privacy Department
300 Windsor Drive,
Oak Brook, IL 60523